Julian Construction Gives Tips on How to Strengthen Your Home Foundation
LOS ANGELES, CA: Julian Construction (julianconstruction.com), a foundation repair and construction company in Southern California, recently offered tips to the public on how to strengthen their home foundations. Partner Sean Kyles says that if certain precautions are taken, the home will be much more likely to withstand the next big earthquake.
Mr. Kyles stated: There can be many reasons why your home’s foundation may need to be strengthened, including:
- The foundation has shifted or moved due to earthquakes
- Soil has eroded beneath or around the foundation, causing cracks, sloping or sinking
- You want to add a second story to the existing structure, which will exceed the amount of weight the building and foundation can support
- The foundation has decayed over time
- There has been a change in how the structure is being used
- The soil was poorly compacted when the home was built
- Weak and poor quality materials were used when the home was built
- A basement has been added to the structure
- A new building has been constructed near the home with a deeper foundation
- The foundation has settled due to poor soil conditions or a lowered water table”
Kyles then goes on to list house bolting, also called earthquake retrofitting, as an important action that many homes, especially older ones, will need. Other actions listed include underpinning, and bracing of cripple walls. The full article can be seen here.
Julian Construction owns its own company and is built on a “no middlemen” model – no salesmen, no subcontractors. When you work with Julian Construction you get the principals of the company and workers of Julian Construction under your home. The result is the highest quality work at affordable prices. They can be contacted by phone at 323 733-3377, by fax at 323 733-4477 or via their website, www.julianconstruction.com. You can see tips and advice about home foundations on their blog.
You can see a video about Julian Construction at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I8j7dXzpj4&